Bryce wasn't home so I did a scan of the apartment. We had: candles and lighters, plus 2 flash lights, in case the power went out; plenty of water; and food, although it needed to be cooked! I certainly didn't need to go anywhere.
Since we Italians believe that food makes everything better, I did what I could to prepare for the worst, while Praying for the best:
- Loaded up on ice cubes and homemade ice packs (tupperware containers filled with water and frozen) and cleaned out the cooler, in case the power went out to ensure we'd have some food that wouldn't spoil.
- Filled the brita, water bottles, and a thermos with water so we wouldn't have to sustain ourselves on wine and vodka cranberries alone!
- Cooked a whole box of whole wheat spaghetti.
- Hard boiled some eggs.
- Made a batch of brown rice.
- Baked potato wedges with seasoning salt and paprika (yum!) in the oven.
- Brewed a whole pot of coffee - YES, Bryce, it's totally necessary in an emergency!
Needless to say, I packed my lunch today! I won't have to cook for the rest of the weekend :)
Surely, my "prepare for the tsunami" plan could have been better, but it made me feel OK! I think it's still smarter than waiting in line for an hour to fuel up my car on an island. If something would happen, we'd have no place to drive to anyway, but we would get hungry!
Have a fantastic day - stay away from the ocean!
glad all is wellReplyDelete
Ill take a Vodka cranberry a okey THANKS ya JagoffReplyDelete
Thanks Aunt Marsha! Mal, we had the necessities :) Now come to Hawaii, I'll make pasta with olives.ReplyDelete