I can't quite remember how I found the "Brunch Pie" recipe on Food Network's website, but it has quickly become a favorite of mine for breakfast/brunch-y foods! (You'll see there are 2 reviews of the recipe - 1 is mine and the other is my Mom's!) It requires a ton of ingredients and pre-cooking prep and it's all worth it in the end. Once it's assembled you pop it in the oven and you're done. The mixture of all the different ingredients and flavors is great, each bite is usually a little different from the one before.
I first made this for Easter and it was a hit! I made it again a few months later when my parents came to visit me. We knew we'd be heading out early in the morning so we had everything prepared and just assembled and baked in the morning, then ate leftovers for a few days! I'm getting ready to go home for Christmas and this will most definitely be on the menu for Christmas morning!
* 3/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
* 1/4 cup chopped garlic-stuffed green olives - I used green olives with pimento
* 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes
* 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
* 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
* 1/2 cup chopped white mushrooms
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
* 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
* 4 large eggs
* 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
* Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
* 10 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed - Crescent roll dough is easier to find and use!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the kalamata and green olives, the tomatoes, scallion, onion, mushrooms, garlic and artichoke hearts in a large bowl. Stir in cheeses, basil, oregano and thyme; set aside, 20 minutes. Meanwhile, beat the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper in another bowl.
Brush a 10-inch glass or ceramic pie dish with some of the butter. Position crescent roll dough along the bottom of the pie dish - I trace mine with the pie dish and cut it to shape, first.
Spread the olive mixture evenly in the dough dish, then pour in the egg mixture. Layer more crescent roll rough on top of the pie - for this step I keep the pre-cut triangle shape of the dough and layer it that way.
Bake until the top is golden and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 1 hour - usually more! Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.